Did you know that using disposable paper towels is actually harmful to the planet? Not only do they contribute to deforestation, but they also end up in landfills, where they take years to decompose. If you're looking for a more sustainable alternative, it's time to consider switching to reusable cloth wipes.
Why Choose Cloth Wipes Over Paper Towels?
- Gentle on the Environment: By using cloth wipes instead of paper towels, you can significantly reduce your carbon footprint. Cloth wipes can be washed and reused multiple times, eliminating the need for single-use paper products.
- Softer and More Durable: Unlike rough paper towels, cloth wipes are incredibly soft and gentle on your skin. They are made from high-quality materials that ensure durability and long-lasting use. At Lil Helper, we’ve created a variety of cloth wipes from the softer than soft Boofa, perfect as a gentle facial wipe, to the t-shirt wipe, perfect for heavy duty kitchen messes. So much more versatile than paper towels.
- Cleaning Made Easy: Whether it's spills or kitchen messes, cloth wipes are up for the challenge. They are incredibly absorbent and can handle even the toughest cleaning tasks with ease.
- Save Money: Investing in reusable cloth wipes may seem like an upfront cost, but it will save you money in the long run. Instead of constantly buying packs of paper towels, you'll have a set of cloth wipes that can be used over and over again.
How to Make the Switch
Making the switch from paper towels to cloth wipes is easier than you might think. Here's how:
- Build Your Collection: Start by purchasing a set of high-quality cloth wipes that suit your needs. Look for ones made from organic cotton or bamboo for added sustainability.
- Designate a Bin: Set up a designated bin or container for used cloth wipes. This will make it easy to collect them throughout the day without creating additional waste. I like to hang mine in a wet/dry bag to make wash day extra simple.
- Wash and Reuse: Once you've accumulated enough used cloth wipes, toss them into the washing machine. Use your favourite detergent and wash them on a warm cycle. Hang them to dry or tumble dry on low heat. If you’re using an ultra soft cloth like our Boofas, we recommend washing in a mesh bag, to ensure no snags damage the fabric.
- Enjoy the Benefits: With your new stash of cloth wipes, you'll be ready to tackle any cleaning task while reducing your impact on the environment.
By switching to reusable cloth wipes, you can make a positive change in your daily routine while helping to protect our planet. Say goodbye to paper towels and hello to a more sustainable way of cleaning!
Remember, every small step counts when it comes to living an eco-friendly lifestyle. Let's all do our part in preserving the Earth for future generations.
As a parent, you need a wipe for everything -boogers, butts, spit and spills. Knowing this (as parents ourselves) we curated this bundle to be everything you need in o...
Would you use a magical cloth made of unicorn hair and the soul of a Chinchilla to wash your baby? Then you will love the Boofa! Whether you're cleaning sweet newborn ...
Our dear Uncle Mo has been on a mission! It took a little time, and an awful lot of cozying up to any fabric he could get close enough to. There were awkward moments –...
There are a lot of ways in which I envy my baby. I wish I could sleep 14 hours a day. I wish I had an on-call butler to bring me applesauce on demand and attend to my ...
I believe it was the Honorable Hannah Montana who sang about having the best of both worlds. And while your little ones won’t get to experience the joys of a wholesome...
Little known scientific fact: every house comes with at least one laundry gremlin. And some houses suffer from full-on infestations of these mischievous little critter...